Every day is a day for business.
From daily transactions to online management and specialised accounts, our people have the banking skills and dedication to help you make the most of what matters. We back up our relationships with digital banking services that have been tailormade for businesses, making sure that you can transact wherever you are.
Where our partnership starts and your possibilities begin.
A current account that offers a safe, convenient day-to-day platform. Access a wide range of additional services and products through the foundation of this account.
Your business transaction account is a gateway to:
- Borrow & grow
- Manage cash
- Bank electronically
- ATM card & cheque book facilities
- Foreign exchange services
- Deposit and investment products and much more
Optimising your cash handling will improve your business efficiency. Enhanced security, management information and speed to account, make all the difference when your business functions on cash.
Automated onsite banking machines, cash-in-transit collection and traditional branch banking can be individually customised or co-ordinated to work together to manage your business’s cash.
Automated Cash Handling
Innovative, automated banking machines, installed on-site, that not only count your money but also validate its authenticity. Customisable to suit the size and requirements of your business – from single note feeders to multi high-speed cash acceptors, with capacity from R 50,000 to R 1,000,000.
- Reduced administration and time on counting and cashing up.
- Same day value for a better cash flow position.
- Reduced in-store cash losses and employee theft.
- Reduced insurance costs.
- Easy reconciliation – deposits can be identified or personalised per cashier.
- Accurate financial reporting and easy access to real time information.
- Format reporting that can be integrated into your accounting system.
- Early transfer of risk (once Cash-in-Transit collects).
- Tamper sensitive on-site secure storage.
- Additional independent 24 hour armed response.
- Detailed audit trail of cash transactions and all device activity.
- Safe, speedy transfer to a bolted device, for additional security.
Note: negotiations and contractual arrangements with Cash-in-Transit service providers remains independent of the cash handling agreement with Grobank.
Traditional Cash Handling
Bank your cash directly at one of our cash centres or branches, or make use of a Cash-in-Transit (CIT) service provider for added security and risk management.
CIT and Cash Centre Services
Available in all major centres countrywide, these sites handle both CIT and walk-in business from Grobank’s Business Banking customers. Deposit your cash and withdraw, whenever you need to, in a convenient, secure environment.
Traditional Branch Banking
Our alliance agreement with ABSA Bank means you can enjoy a full, competitive service. Access one of over 700 ABSA sites throughout South Africa to transact and manage your money directly from your Grobank account.
More time on your business, less time banking.
Do more of what matters most.
Quick, cost-effective and convenient, online business banking is active money management at your fingertips. When you want to, wherever you happen to be, online banking is all about streamlining your time so that you can spend more of it doing what you’re really passionate about – building your business.
- Real-time balances, transaction information, transaction history and statements 24/7.
- Instantly transfer between or access all your accounts.
- Manage beneficiaries and view direct debits.
- Pay creditors and employees safely and securely, wherever you happen to be.
- Set up capturers and approvers in your business according to your needs, to ensure the security of your banking processes.
- Run your collections and account verifications through an easy-to-use platform.
24/7 Online Support
Our dedicated online banking support team are available 24/7 to offer assistance with training, beneficiary loading, pin resets and other operational support. Call them on 0861 102 205 for help or if you suspect your account has been interfered with.
Q: Is online banking secure?
A: The security of our service is our top priority. Our online banking site is encrypted and is accessed through your secret login number and pin. In addition to encryption and access control, there are user-defined controls that allow limited access e.g. view-only, beneficiary loading and payment submission. Always practice safe online banking, never access your bank account via an emailed link and never share your details with anyone electronically or telephonically, even if they claim to be from Grobank.
Q: How do I sign up for an online business banking account?
A: Once you’ve opened an account with us you can select the internet banking login option followed by the New User Enrolment icon. Complete the enrolment application form and submit. We will then perform a validation of your details against the information we have on record, to ensure your security. After successful registration, your pin will be available for collection at your business suite or from your Personal Relationship Manager.
Q: Does online banking save money?
A: Yes, viewing your balances and downloading statements are free services. You will only be charged a monthly subscription fee once you’ve registered, thereafter fees are payable as you transact. All of the applicable fees can be found in our pricing guide available on the Rates and Fees page.
Q: What other electronic banking services do you offer?
A: The Commercial Payment System is specifically designed to cater for a business’ bulk / batch payments and collections requirements. This online system provides you with a complete database on the payment history of all your transactions. Similarly to online banking, beneficiaries are created and stored on the system for payment. The system runs a validation on the beneficiary account numbers and branch codes whilst looking for duplicate transactions within the same batch. Once information is verified and authorised by you, it’s uploaded to Grobank for distribution into the various beneficiary accounts. This system provides an audit trail of transactions plus an invoice for the service fees and details of the funding account.
To access you’ll be charged a monthly subscription fee after having registered, thereafter fees are payable as you transact. All of the applicable fees can be found in our pricing guide available on the Rates and Fees page.
Specialised business peace of mind.
A legally instituted and authorised product to formally guarantee payment in respect of your business obligations to third parties – enabling you to take the next steps.
- Property Guarantees – issued to effect transfer of immovable property.
- Performance Guarantees – issued to underwrite building/development activities.
- Payment Guarantees – issued to guarantee rental payments, deposits to municipalities, etc.